Meet the Jessup Library Staff

Please let me introduce myself. My name is Crystal Newell, and I am the circulation/access librarian at the Betty Sue Jessup Library. My position involves handling the overdues and implementing new and interesting technologies that best suit your needs.

Originally, I started out cataloging books and, since obtaining my master's degree, moved on to circulation. I also am a former community college student, as I attended both J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College and PVCC. After having wonderful experiences with community college, I attended the University of Virginia and, later, Drexel University.

When not working, I enjoy reading. I have an affinity for historical fiction, particularly if it's set in Asia or during the early twentieth century. Here lately I have read a number of remarkable memoirs, autobiographies and nonfiction titles. I am always glad to pass along a recommendation or two if you are looking for an interesting read. So please, come say hello!