Meet Our Regulars: Anne Auker

There are many students who come to the library on a regular basis, and it got us wondering why.  What do they like about the library?  What keeps them coming back?  Meet Anne Auker, general studies major, and frequent visitor to the Jessup Library.

Q: Why do you come to the library?
AA: I need to use the computers to do research because I do not have internet at home. I really like THIS library because of the librarians. I like the atmosphere. I like the personal connections I have with the people who work here. I literally don’t have a family and appreciate the connections I have. I think you should have more space so you could do more. It would be nice to have more class textbooks.

Q: How often do you come to the library?
AA: Oh wow! Quite a few times a week. It could be once a week; it could be five depending on what I have going on. It’s always exciting to start a new research project, especially when I learn new things like the time I learned there were 6 drafts of Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address.

Q: What do you like about the library?
AA: You do a lot with a little space. I wish there was more space with computers, at least double. I like that when I’m working out front, I feel comfortable communicating and asking librarians for help.

Q: What are you studying at Piedmont and what are your future goals?
AA: I’m at PVCC because it’s cheaper and easier to go to for two years. I find it more welcoming for non-traditional students. It’s a type of support I’m not used to getting. I am doing a general studies major with a business focus. I’d like to have my own business in the future.

Q: What advice do you have for other students?
AA: The librarians have a lot of knowledge, and you should utilize that. They have a wealth of knowledge and are highly educated. Not only does the library have a lot of resources, but the librarians have a wealth of knowledge. They will bend over backwards for their students.